Archive data and HYSPLIT pc

General questions and postings pertaining to the use of HYSPLIT regardless of the platform. For platform specific questions, use the HYSPLIT Platform forums.

Archive data and HYSPLIT pc

Postby Nora » April 9th, 2013, 6:41 am

Hello, i need to classify 118 trajectories into clusters and I know what I can do it with HYSPLIT PS. However, I don't have any meteorological data to calculate trajectories in this program. So I am wondering if its possible to use endpoint data from archive of HYSPLIT? If it's possible, how to convert these data in proper format?
Nora

Re: Archive data and HYSPLIT pc

Postby barbara.stunder » April 11th, 2013, 1:55 pm

If I understand correctly there are two options. If not, please further explain the issue.

(1) You have text endpoints files from trajectories you created on the web. Rename these to a name such as tdumpYYMMDDHH, where YY is the 2-digit year (12 for the year 2012), MM the 2-digit month, DD the 2-digit date, and HH the 2-digit start time of the trajectory. Put these files in a directory such as c:\hysplit4\cluster\endpts, then run the cluster program. See the example trajectories in c:\hysplit4/cluster/example/endpts.

(2) There is meteorological archived data at http://www.ready.noaa.gov/archives.php you can download to your PC, then run the trajectories.
barbara.stunder

Return to Users